I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Monday, September 26, 2022

Incubating light- Encountering Catharsis




Performance for Festival Perform







On 19th August 2022, the festival opened with my performance- The performance was to evoke

positive and light energy and welcome the light energies. The performance started with a small

prayer The performance was one-to-one interaction with the audience and it was a ritual to cleanse

them from negative energy with milk, rose essence and rose flower. It was an action that reflected

care and compassion and also service. This ritual is also slowly indulging in a ritual act of caring.

Compassion, respect, and evoke positive energies. It is the reorientation of the energies for the creative act.































This was a durational performance and around 40 audiences interacted with one-to-one interaction

where I cleaned their right hand /palm ritual with rose essential and milk and very gently cleaned it

and asked people to make form/ drawing with Rice. After they completed the drawing I applied rose

essence perfume to their hand and welcomed them to the festival this was the first part of the

performance.

The second part of the Ritual was moving from one point to another point with guided light. The round form of dried installation is specially created from plants that reflect the earth's presence, resonating with the cosmos in the universe above. The idea was to guide this audience in dark to the inner light (inner consciousness) not with external means but gradually and constantly looking within. I used a small pipe sound that represented my presence I worked as a facilitator and a guide to the audience to sound and light take a journey to inner consciousness. This result and impact of performance would depend purely on audience involvement. This performance was a process of transforming experience with sound and light slowly bringing the audience to the universe and cosmos. I am also eternal light and light of silence.

The performance act was subtle action and moment all through the performance from the beginning
till the end finally ending up looking at the sky, stars, and universe with a moment of complete silence.





In more largely context it evoked light energies and goddess Aditi (Swethambari -Goddess with

white light), the icon of godly imagery is just a symbolic representation and it has nothing to do with

religion. The personification of a goddess in everyone, the transformation through the ritual process

of the dried flower is also represented in the life cycle of life –death – re-emerge in form of energies.

Eventually, the living bodies I feel turn into light and these light energies reflect in our universe in

form of stars we all are light with different forms and through my ritualistic performance process, I

facilitate one to see this through my rituals. It solely depends on audience involvement and how

much the audience is involved in this transformational process some might not respond some might

resonate but not go deep some engage in this process and have a transformational experience. 





My performance is about how we gradually become part of nature and become nature itself. For me, it

was a transformational experience and I hope my audience too had this transformational experience

through interaction in time and space with an element of sound, touch, scent, and see.

Dimple B shah 19th August 2022 Nordaris Lesppare Medoc France

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post!!
Please look here at Frost Music & Arts Festival

Maiara said...

"You have a heart of gold and a spirit that lights up any room. Your kindness and generosity are truly inspiring, and I feel lucky to know you." frases de bom dia

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon