I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

THE HEALING TOUCH OF BAMBOO: SOUL, MIND AND BODY



FOR  4TH GLOBAL ONLINE EVENT  OF BE-COMING TREE https://becomingtree.live/




























The scent of dried bamboo leaves slowly merging inside. 
I wished there was sound to be heard of these leaves, deep earthy scent
 I go deeper and deeper the scent draws me closer to it.
 I want to sleep within this mound of dried bamboo leaves, o bamboo tree! 
What a gift o bamboo leaves I can contemplate with you for hours .... you are healing ...

Kalpavirkha a Divine Tree
 
























In Becoming tree session 4. Before Lockdown announced I  had planned to work with the bamboo tree and its leaves which is found in abundance on-studio campus, Art village in Bangalore, and wanted to reconnect to this Divine tree which has great power of healing Soul Mind, and Body.





But weekend lockdown announced and no vehicles were to reach but I had planned to do a performance in an Indoor space in my home which is also my studio. The situation in India was very critical then and now there is no beds, no oxygen, and no Ventilators. it is very critical at present. So I planned to get three huge bags of Bamboo dried Leave from the artist's village studio, So on performance day, I created a whole backdrop suitable for performance and I  performed with dried leaves. 
 


























It is a common belief in several Asian cultures that humanity emerged from a bamboo stem. In some parts of India, bamboo is also called Kalpavirksha (divine tree in Indian mythology fulfilling all the needs and desires) due to its numerous uses in daily life in physical as well as in spiritual form. The first direct reference to bamboo Indian literature is in “Rig Veda” (5000 BC) “Bestow upon us a hundred bamboo clumps”. Bamboos are symbolic of constancy, fidelity, integrity, and purity (Farrelly 1984) and also inspire the emotional and spiritual life of many people.


























#becomingtree #duratioanalperformace #liveforcamer#jatunrishaba #dimplebshah #liveart #performanceart Jatun Risba Be-coming Tree

Dimple B Shah  5th May 2021 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon