I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Appearance of the Dark Matter (Performance during Lockdown Period)

This work is a performative act for a camera which was done to celebrate world performance day in isolation organized by 

Beyond Belfast performance group Same Difference – Equinox to Equinox.
22 March 2020





This was the work when lockdown had started in March and my reaction to this coronavirus this is like an alchemist who is seeing a reflection in magical water made out of turmeric and lime water slowly changing the color in orange and then blood-red a mirror of future there melting candle drops which forms an image of virus metaphorical representation making it visible through this act and I do small act holding a toy gun in the forehead that this is suicidal what we have humans have created. I am also wearing a mask with needles and holding a doll which is us who become a mute spectator (a puppet) of what's unfolding now. It is a metaphoric expression to the present state. 


Dimple B Shah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon