I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Laboratory for Survival (Performance During Lockdown)

performative act for the camera which was done for a series of

Coronavirus Artpocalypse_ The Art World Responds - 

Part 2 by Waswo Waswo X Artists series










This work was down during the Lockdown period in March and my reaction as performance artists acting as Virologist, Studying oneself as a body in the time of COVID 19.    I created the whole lab space in the Living room with all my collection of laboratory jars. It was a metaphoric representation to understand the invisible virus and how one could fight with it there different psychological state where I am trying to breathe through my hand gloves and almost feeling breathlessness and taking it to a terrace where I am getting wrapped in food wrapping foil again to protect my body but a paradoxical act where I  feel suffocated and breathlessness and finally the maketh the positive act of burning a maketh of coronavirus and turning it to ashes it very surreal and abstract imagination of virologist. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon