I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A prayer for a Dead tree – The Scent of African tulip

 



3rd Global Be-Coming Tree online event
Performed on 9th Jan 2021

















A prayer for a Dead tree – The Scent of African tulip

My heart is heavy, still cries for a dead tree sacrificed in front.

O! Big African tulip tree which was in front of my house.

Where cuckoos were singing bumblebees were murmuring had their home.

The Squirrels happily enjoyed jumping around from one branch to the other branch.

The monkeys, playing and happily stealing papaya from homes used to sit on branches and eat them.

The tree used to change colour and shed the leaves which were difficult to clean at a time. African tulip tree which I loved the utmost, was cut in front of me fear of falling one on of the house. Another African tulip tree next to this big tree had collapsed, due to heavy rain, that had created the fear in the minds of people who had home in front of it and they started working towards cut the tree one day!

O! Big African tulip the tree I miss you so much

The fire of your blooming flower sparks flame in my eyes

The remains of your body preserved in my home

The home of bumblebees is still with me empty deserted like ruined spaces.

O! Big African tulip tree

Nobody misses you they are happy that you made way for parking Lot,

I miss you

With my heavy heart, I offer you prayer s

Prayer to meet you in my next Life

I offer prayers to thank you for giving a stupendous memory to remember spirit.

I send prayer through the wind,

I offer you the scent which you gave it to me once

O! Big African tree I Miss you so much


Poem by -Dimple B Shah 17th Dec 2020 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon