I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

The Salon Launches a Q&I Between Dimple B Shah and Nicolás


Image: Courtesy of Dimple B Shah
Excerpt from Q&I below /
To read the full piece go to: https://www.interiorbeautysalon.com/dimple-b-shah















Nicolás: I am extremely interested in the concept of The Mother. I have worked with my mother on several occasions. In 2007, she sent me off to Germany where I invited the Holy Infant of Prague to take over me for several days and, so I renounced my personality for that time. My mother made the vestment of the Holy Infant. Linda Mary Montano also worked with her mother way back, and I see that you work with your mother as well. Any insights?
 
Dimple B Shah: I am very close to my mother. My relationship has deepened as I am living with her for the past 12 years due to her illness. The emotional bond has become even stronger. I share my thoughts with her, my creative ideas, and my emotional traumas. My mother has also evolved from a homemaker, to slowly become an artist. For the past five years or more, she has started to draw and paint and I encouraged her to do so to divert her from negative thinking and, since then she has shown tremendous interest and now is slowly becoming an artist. I have shared my first thought and idea of performances with her for the last two years. Mother has collaborated with me in my performances. The bond between mother and daughter is strong, unconditional and, the backbone of our strength. Words are not enough to explain our relationship.

https://www.interiorbeautysalon.com/dimple-b-shah?fbclid=IwAR32E73HLYCoSZ1SXsEKyXiyTcKGdPXtYBd02d0NnO0yPYxIUW9YeWt2YVQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon