I am a multidisciplinary artist from Bangalore, studied in MS University. Currently practicing in Bangalore, Karnaraka. My work has developed in number of ways over the years yet from the very beginning of my art practice, I have workded in Painting, Printmaking, Installation, Video Art and Live/ Performance art. My intention is to blend these mediums into an interdisciplinary language.

Sunday, August 27, 2023

Chronicles of Past and Present ( Growing Gopuram for Future)


BE FANTASTIC

JANARA JAGGA AND KCYAERXHAERE


13th August 2023 at Wheeler Road Flyover under the Bridge

@jaagarnaut @kcymaerxthaere @Befantastic.in










OH! ಎಲ್ಲಿ எங்கே ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು

OH! Elli Eṅkē Bengaluru


OH! Where are you, my dear Bangalore?

I have been searching for you

In the old buildings, on city lanes,

I am searching for you in stories of people, old temples, churches and mosques.

I am searing in the scent of jasmine and in

The old cow sheds

The aroma of hot idli, tea and food

I came to this part of town it took me to my childhood memories of Tamilnadu.

The stories of Blackpally, Cantonment, Cox's Town and Frazer Town bring memories of the colonial period.

The bygone era of people from this area connected to their ancestors through stories of soldiers

The stories extend the connections beyond the borders rooted in Madras and Trichy.

The text and whispers we hear are not just kannada but of Tamil and Malayalam.

Thousands of memories of childhood knocking the subconscious

The old Tamil melodies start playing in my mind

The Temple church and mosques are all in one lane

A wonderful bouche of faiths blended

I am searching to make new connections

As I am walking in

Lanes high street, pottery road, and wheeler road bridge

With houses from the old colonial period, one can only fall in love with Bangalore

Searching through the aroma of food and the scent of the city

Sparking memories and emotions

The houses and city lanes that marked your presence are slowly disappearing.

The path had a unique character that took us to memory lanes fading slowly

Now leading to nowhere

Where are you, my dear Bangalore?

Now you have a new identity with concrete flyovers and under-constructed sites.

The operation for a makeover has torn your heart and soul

You are bleeding inside out

With the dust and revamped soil,

I go through the dissection of the city (body and soul),

Are we going to lose you forever?

You cry out in pain, painful to see you lose your identity with a new makeover.

My heart and soul are looking for you

In the scent of magina jade

I want to see the same old Bangalore

With a heavy heart, I look toward the city

The soul lost under the spark of a thousand lights

Now replaced Sparkling Maggina jade with led lights

We need to re-emerge from the dust and make new homes with old memories

Bloom our hopes under the bridge

Search the scent of jasmine

OH! Where are you, Bangalore?

We want to remember your makeover marked by old memories

Making new memories of the present with a touch of past glory.

We want to see you

spread the scent of Malighe forever

OH! ಎಲ್ಲಿ எங்கே ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು

OH! Elli Eṅkē Bengaluru

OH! Where are you, my dear Bangalore?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

hostgator coupon